|
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
|
VISIT THE EMBASSY
|
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Click on the images to enlarge
|
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
The Embassy of the Republic of Armenia is housed in a beautiful Spanish Colonial Revival style mansion at 7 Delaware Avenue in Ottawa. The first resident of the mansion was John H. Gorman, manager of the St. Lawrence Pulp and Paper Company in 1908. He resided there from 1908 until 1914. The Royal Canadian Air Force Division occupied the building from 1951 for twelve years. In 1995 the mansion was purchased and donated to the Republic of Armenia by a prominent Armenian-American businessman and philanthropist Sarkis Acopian in memory of his parents, Doctors Grigor and Arax Acopian. In March 1995 the Embassy of the Republic of Armenia in Canada became the third foreign mission to occupy the historical mansion at 7 Delaware Avenue. The mansion was renovated in 2005 by a group of Armenian architects and constructors. The monument “Armenia Immortal” (sculptor Levon Tokmadjian), situated in front of the Embassy, was unveiled on September 21, 2002.
|
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
| embassy | armenia | diaspora | business | ambassador | staff | chancery | consular | contact us | ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||